No, it's not a new toy offered by Passion Parties, but the actual name of a FISH we saw at the Charleston Acquarium. Maybe fish down South just have different names, but I couldn't help giggling to myself the rest of our visit!
We made it!!! On Wednesday we drove from 0900 to 2000, on Thursday from 0800 to 1800 and we arrived on Johns Island Friday at 1225. The girls were AMAZING travelers - I couldn't believe how well they did. With the exception of lunch breaks, we only took 10-15 minute comfort breaks every couple of hours.
The first thing I noticed was the price of gas was $3.75. That was a welcome change. Everything down here seems to be so much less expensive than up North. I bought two grocery carts worth of food for $350! Rainier cherries are $2 a pound. Also, everyone down here is super friendly. We've already had several neighbors stop by with introductions and food.
We've had a couple of moving snafus: the bunk bed came without instructions, the Comcast guy didn't hook up our TVs properly and the Durango broke down on Sunday as we were driving to Best Buy. We had to get towed by AAA to the Dodge Dealership. Luckily it was nothing catastrophic, just some clip that came off the radiator hose.
Yesterday my Dad flew back to Vermont, and the girls and I are officially now on our own! What do I call this - Chapter 3?
P.S. Karen, I'm only 14 miles to Kiawah!!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hurray! Our most faithful blogger has returned. Cheap gas, nice neighbors and slppery dicks... Now we'll never get you back.
I'm so happy all is well and look forward to hearing about everything. Three cheers to Grace and Claire for traveling so well.
Can you believe that about the Fish? You KNOW whoever named that fish knew what "slippery dick" meant..... I'd love to hear the story behind that one....
So glad all is mainly well with you and the girls. I'm wondering if the aquarium has adoptions for their creatures. That would be a riot to see your name by ol S.D. as his sponsor.
Without your input, I don't have my vicarious thrills so have resorted to following "you-know-who" on YWBB. Pretty sad but fun to follow her "grief." She's on Facebook now but I don't belong. Maybe you can track her down there and update me.
SOMEday I'll get my own life!
I'm telling you MK you should join Facebook! You're on-line all the time anyway. You probably have a ton of people in your acquaintance that are on there. I don't know if Caroline told you, but Julie "friended" both of us. I accepted only so I could keep tabs on her. You should see her photo - her ass looks HUGE!
This is what she posted today:
"Julie is going to hunt down the next person who calls the office asking for Sean and then abruptly hangs up when she says why he is unavailable."
Post a Comment