Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mary "K" is for Kayak

Today was my first day of kayaking in 2008. It was the perfect day for it and it renewed me. I paddled across Wrightsville Dam and then up the river to this waterfall. I parked the kayak and hung out here for awhile. Ahhhhh.

4 comments:

CASTG said...

Beautiful! And might I say, I am MOST impressed that you uploaded the photo!!!

MKC said...

Thanks. I'm trying not to be so pathetic with technology. What's the worst that can happen? No, no...don't tell me. I don't want to know.

CEC said...

I didn't even know you kayaked!

MKC said...

That's the reason I have a kayak rack on my car. I had a kayak in high school/college and adored getting out in the spring in the Otter Creek overflows and hanging with the migrating geese. I bought the current one several summers ago. It's made of airplane material (I think it's called Aerolite,) so tho it's 12 Ft long it's easy for me to lift and carry. You know the deal...it's just hard to get out on my own when school isn't in session.