Sunday, March 30, 2008

Today's NYTimes "From Grief To Pancakes"

From today's New York Times, this is a somewhat more realistic description of love after widowhood, although the end makes me a little nervous.

Maybe I'll always be a little nervous.

But this paragraph from the story is the truest thing I've read about this recently:

I have two fears:

1. Of learning to be a family again.

2. Of becoming a widow again.

4 comments:

KFH said...

I really responded to the integration of love and loss in this story. Thanks for sharing it, Caroline.

MKC said...

Yes, that's a wonderful article. They're going to have a wonderful and intense relationship. Good for both of them.

CASTG said...

I've always said that being a widow again was my greatest fear....

CEC said...

My emotional reaction to the article was to immediately be afraid for both of them. So much for my four years of grief counseling.