Monday, March 17, 2008

I Should Have Known Better


Well, I should have know better. But did I listen to myself? NO!

As you ladies remember, I cut my hair super short way back in 2006 in a symbolic gesture of releasing some of my inner baggage. Since that time I've gone back and forth between medium and pixie short, with the former being my current choice of length.

When I went to the hairdresser's last month, she gave me a crappy cut. I just couldn't do any thing with it. I called her back 2 days later and she had me come for a free redo.

I still wasn't too happy with the cut since then. It's in that crappy in between stage where you either have to (a) cut it short again or (b) let it grow. In an effort to make myself feel better, I spoke with this woman in one of my exercise classes who has a super cute haircut. Got her hairdresser's name/number and decided, "what the hell...."

Well, she cut it. It's not super short, but it's shorter than what I wanted. It's more like a chin length bob and I hate it!!! What am I going to do??? I'm going to Vegas in 2+ weeks and I won't have seen J before then and my hair looks like crap! Everywhere I look there are models with long, beautiful flowing hair, and my hair makes me look like I'm 5 years old! Come on! I did Botox so I could look late 20s, I don't need a haircut that makes me on par with Elizabeth (no offense to her, her haircut is very cute). And I think I must be having some kind of body image problem b/c I feel like a total fat cow, I see cellulite at every turn, nonexistent breasts, and a post pregnancy stomach. FFFFFFUUUUUUCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!! How fast do you think hair grows? I have 17 days until Vegas......

2 comments:

CEC said...

You need to see someone else--or go back to her-- and have them fix it. There's nothing worse than a bad haircut. I'm so sorry!!

CASTG said...

Here's the thing, I'm not sure if it's really that bad or if it's just my mind. You'll have to tell me on Saturday.