Mary Kay's been updating me about a situation with her cat, her friend Tim etc. See excerpts from her e-mails below.
Tuesday, 1/22
Hi,
My cat bit my sister's friend Tom and he's in Rutland hospital with blood poisoning. I'm stunned. Tom is almost apologetic about it but I'm wondering if I need to get rid of the cat. Tom was just petting him and talking to him when he bit his hand. Mugget is up to date with all of his shots, thankfully. I wish he were old and doddering so I could justify putting him down, assuming that the bite was due to being elderly and crotchety and in pain.
K2 are afraid of him now.
He's not usually a biting cat. I don't know what's going on. It's pretty upsetting.
Later Tuesday:
I called Tom and he's worse today. I'm going crazy. They did an MRI on him. He sounded so weak. I asked him if they know what's going on and he said no. I can't even visit him because my car is still in the shop.
He said they're keeping him longer than originally planned. I just want this over with and to know that he's going to be OK.
He keeps telling me not to worry but how can I not? He comes here to watch over my house, kids and pets and my stupid cat bites him.
I just have to rant and rave. This is nuts.
I would put this on the blog, but I'm exhausted. I have a cold coming on and need to go to bed soon.
Later that night...
I'm just glad he's not alone at his half-constructed cabin in the middle of the woods in West Haven. At least he's surrounded by people.
The rice sacks are heating in the microwave and then it's bedtime. Mugget is out for the night. If it's cold, he can let himself into the cellar.
My head is too full to hold up anymore.
Wednesday morning:
I've been praying nonstop. I forgot to mention he said he's probably going into ICU.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
MK,
Sounds like Tom could have
"cat scratch fever" (Bartonella henselae). Did he wash his hand after getting bit??
C
Post a Comment