Thursday, January 24, 2008

Not a great start to the morning!

This morning, as I was trying to get Elizabeth to the table, she said, "Mommy, my tummy hurts."

"No, it doesn't," I said. (How helpful is that?! I was in a hurry...)

"Yes, it does. It hurts because I ate too much food."

"You haven't eaten anything yet. It hurts because you're hungry."

"No it hurts because I"m going to throw up."

"No you're not."

"Yes I am."

She's been so full of drama about her stomach since December's stomach bug went through the house. So I said, "Sit down."

"I'm going to throw up," she said. And did. Everywhere.

So, no work today. But she's been singing and dancing around the house all day and ate a giant bowl of mac and cheese, cookies, oranges, crackers. She's fine. I have a head cold that is making me miserable. Hope your days are going better than that.

1 comment:

KFH said...

Eliza and I laughed out loud picturing Elizabeth in all her glory. She's a ticket. I hope you're back in the swing of things tomorrow. Karen