Here we are in freezing Montreal! It's -2 here, so we're going to forego the outdoor swimming pool and go to Ikea instead.
We have had a lot of dirty conversation, a lot of wine, a great dinner out at Le Toque.
Caroline says: "Le Toque was tres bien! Gorgeous setting, attentive waiter, great drinks, bizarrely limited menu but the food was fabulous."
Constance says: "After a much hyped intro from others, I was really looking forward to dining here. Unfortunately my entree was medicore - something I could have cooked in my own kitchen. The chic ambience aside, it wasn't worth the $200+ cost of the meal. I give it a 'C'."
Caroline chimes back in: "Okay, she has a point. The soup for the first course was fabulous: we both had this jerusalem artichoke soup with shaved black truffle and I'd never make that in my own kitchen. BUT, my entree, which was cavatelli w/broccoli rabe and lots of garlic, is something I've made many times for a cost less than $32. That being said, anytime someone puts food on a plate in front of me that I haven't cooked, I am happy. But, it gets an A+ for ambience and service, and a gentle B for food."
We wish you both were here. Mary Kay, Giacomo's photos have gone off into cyberspace. Beware, you may be the next Internet chain letter.
xoxoxoxo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment