Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Traumatic Trauma Study

You guys are going to love this... (not really).

So today I went to UVM and did the 2-hour intake for the trauma, anxiety and PTSD study that I was enrolled in. It was traumatic, indeed, basically me being questioned about every sad and scary thing, talking about Alan's whole illness, all sorts of other things (my fear of global warming! my fear of flying! claustrophobia! my period of high school anorexia! my uncle being killed in a plane crash!).

And then I was told I didn't qualify for the study and I was sent on my way.

I left, and had a $45 parking ticket on my car. And then I backed my car into the car behind me.

So, I am now traumatized, poor(er) and rejected.

Great day!

4 comments:

KFH said...

So what qualifies as "trauma"? Terminal illness? Going through childbirth alone? Geez, what do these people want?

CEC said...

My trauma qualified, but since I'm already experiencing some anxiety and panic attacks from the experience, they said their research wouldn't benefit from me.

CASTG said...

Actually I think you'd be a great case study.... :-)

CEC said...

yeah, no sh*#! I guess I just need the trauma study for people who have to keep living their lives and learn to live with their trauma. Or something. That's an interesting question. What kind of study would we best qualify for?!