Thursday, February 14, 2008

When it rains it pours

OK. So with the exception of my fling with the Navy guy, I've been going through a dry spell these past 3.5 years (has it really been that long?) Now all of a sudden I have not one, but TWO men in my life. The Major and the Med student. How did this happen?? The Major is closed off, careful with his feelings. The Med student is open and honest, almost to the point of being overwhelming. He's into me and let's me know it. After injuring my back in a tryst in the back seat of my car Monday night, I went to my acupuncturist. I told her exactly what happened. Her response was, "med students are desperate. They look at naked bodies all day and have no time." I spent the next hour lying face down on the treatment table thinking, "Is he just desparate?"

The Major sent me gifts for Valentine's Day. One I've had sex with, the other I haven't. One has known me for 10 years, the other has known me for 7 days. How did I get here? The Major and I are, on paper, so much more compatible: best friends with Charlie, in the Army, same age bracket, etc... The med student simply OVERWHELMS me with his need and urgency for me. Is it possible that I've forgotten what it's like to have someone fall all over themselves for me? And why do I doubt that someone WOULD want to fall all over themselves for me? Why do I feel like damaged goods, i.e. "What man in his right mind would want anything to do with a wid and two kids?" In fact when we slept together two days ago I thought, "Great. If you want to sabotage this relationship, sleep with him now." And so I did.

I'm trying not to think too much about all this and just live in the moment - something that I'm not very good at. I'm going out tonight with the med student. Will report tomorrow. Happy Valentine's Day Ladies. I love you all.

2 comments:

KFH said...

It's raining men, hallelujah, it's raining men...

CEC said...

Con, We have a LOT to talk about!

My gut reaction is--enjoy some fun, but if he's feeling overwhelming, it's okay to tell him to cool down a little bit. I'm amazed that he's in med school and has energy for anything or anyone.

I haven't had sex with a 26-year-old EVER! (Remember, Alan was 11 years older than me so when we hooked up I was 24 and he was 35). I did get the 29-y.o. but that... well, we'll talk tonight. Enthusiasm in a young buck can be charming and/or... alarming.