Friday, February 1, 2008

Carl's been sick for days

Carl's been sick since Tuesday afternoon. Running nose, cough, sore throat, fever. This after Elizabeth's jour-de-vomit last week. The only full day I worked this week was Monday. I'm strung out at work--this is my busiest time with the magazine in full scale production--things in my personal life remain enjoyable yet ever in flux with too much time spent in "yes, but" discussions (I would prefer "yes! butt!"Sorry, couldn't resist) and the extra added concerns about kids and health and time off of work are wearing me down. Then lets add the hideous weather and I'm very crabby.

But. Thank God I'm not Britney Spears. That is one crazy chick.

2 comments:

KFH said...

That's really tough. Having to manage a sick kid, work and home responsibilities is a lot to shoulder. I hope Carl feels better soon. I passed your house on Thursday around noon, saw your car and assumed you were "yes-butting". Had I known you were playing nurse maid (without the minidress and the fishnets) I would have stopped in!

CEC said...

"Yes-butt-ing." Now there's a good metaphor! :-)