I've been crying all afternoon. Why on God's green earth did my biggest champion and life's most enthusiastic participant get struck by the shittiest disease on earth, suffer mightily and die without seeing his daughter born, leaving a life he loved and a wife he loved and a son he loved and a daughter he loved to figure out life forever without him.
There is no answer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Caroline, I'm so sorry. I wish none of us had to mark these sadiversaries.
Me too. This one is brutal. I haven't cried this much since... last year.
Damn, Caroline. I've spent the last hour trying to put a picture of a beautiful male Evening Grosbeak on the blog. That was such a gift to have him land at my house when you were visiting.
I'm sorry I can't figure out how to present him to you on the blog but he's fluttering in my thoughts of you and Alan right now.
Karen and Con might this is an insane post!
You'll be in our hearts tomorrow.
MKC
I hurt for you today. We'll have a good cry and a nice glass of wine tonight and toast a wonderful man.
Thank you all. Gail is a godsend (saw her at 9--she talked a lot about her widow-versaries too, which really helped). Karen, I look forward to seeing you tonight and I wish the rest of you could join us.
Alan was so present to me last night. I really felt him while I was in the kitchen, crying so hard that I had to wipe up the counter because it was soaked in my tears.
Post a Comment